Technologies & Development
There are over 40 tailor made formulations for specific application, which are use for testing and validation of material properties used.
- Low Density SMC: Sp Gr. 1.24 , 1.4
- True Class “A” Formulation
- Low pressure moldable SMC
- Nano Material
In-house Material Formulation Development facility
- Resin Synthesis setup
- Chemical lab
- Mechanical Lab
- Electrical Lab
Instron UTM with Extensometer
Low and High energy impact tester
Carl Fischer Titrator
Comparative Tracking Index Measuring Machine
Most modern small Cars/LCV have very little or no space to provide crumple zones.
Composites rely on fracture to absorb crash energy thus offering better protection in compact space.
Composites offer significant weight reduction over steel.
With new Low Density SMC formulations it is possible to achieve > 40% weight reduction compared to steel.
Composites Offer higher safety while reducing weight of parts (and Vehicle) at the same time. This helps in cutting down CO2 emission.
- Internal sound damping is almost 100X higher than of Al or Steel
- Helps reduce pass by noise in applications like Front Panel, Engine Hoods, Rocker Cover, Oil sump
Heat & Noise Insulation
- 4dB(A) reduction of sound level measured locally near the SMC valve Cover* compared to ALuminium
- SMC Parts can withstand T=150°C.
Design Freedom and Functional Integration
- SMC molding tools can have lifters/ re-entrant pins for complex shapes/ undercuts
- Variable thicknesses are possible in a single part based on FEM results
- Local stiffness can be provided by addition of ribs
- Inserts can be added for fixing other parts and assemblies.
Lower Program Cost
- Single tool required for annual volumes of 1 – 1.2 lakh parts
- Tool life ~5 lakh moldings
- Further program cost saving with part integration
- Tooling cost lower by almost 40%